Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Robert H. Jackson Center.
The Jackson Center is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
In addition to employment opportunities, the Center also offers a limited number of internship opportunities each summer to qualified college, graduate, and law students. Learn more about the Center’s internship program and its guidelines. Look for applications for 2024 Summer Internships on this page in December 2023.
Director of Programs and Education
The Jackson Center is seeking a Director of Programs and Education, charged with the design, implementation, and management of a wide range of educational and public programs at the Center for adults, legal professionals, and primary and secondary school students. These programs will enhance the public’s understanding of Robert H. Jackson’s contemporary relevance and history, as well as themes related to his life, work, and principles – justice, international humanitarian/criminal law, public service, civic-mindedness, the US Supreme Court, and his important place in local, national, and international history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Center’s President and Board Program Committee, develop programs for adult learners. This includes recommending yearly program themes based on Robert H. Jackson’s life, work, milestones, principles, etc., as well as research into speakers, creation of program details, and determination of measurable outcomes.
- Identify, design, and implement new educational opportunities and resources.
- Develop marketing/promotional materials designed to enhance engagement with our
programs and events.
- Manage current programs and education initiatives, including 10-week summer
internship experience for college/graduate/law students.
- Manage school programming and find creative ways to boost school visitation numbers.
- Manage and create collaborative partnerships with education/community associations.
- Develop youth/family programs, camps, Scout, and other educational offerings to
enhance the visitor experience.
- Develop continuing legal education opportunities for lawyers, in collaboration with law
firms and other organizations, and help determine ways to monetize content.
- Serve as a member of the management team to achieve the organizational mission and
to develop/implement strategic initiatives for the Center.
- Assist in the pursuit of grants to support programs and education initiatives.
- Manage docent training program to ensure quality of tour programs.
- Serve as the liaison to the Center’s Board Programming Committee.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, social sciences, humanities, English, economics, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in teaching, museum education, or related work or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in legal education is a plus.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work well in a team setting.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience managing and completing multiple time-sensitive projects independently
- Will need to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- May need to help lift objects up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Salary and Benefits:
- $65,000 to $75,000 and a competitive benefits package
Remote Work Opportunity:
Although preferred, it is not necessary for this position to be fully located in Jamestown, NY. Remote work is an option; it is expected the successful candidate will spend at least half (1/2) of the year in Jamestown.
How to Apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.