The Robert H. Jackson Center is pleased to collaborate with Heritage Ministries and the PFC Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer to Peer Program, to host “Welcome Home Veterans,” on Saturday, November 3, 2018. The event honors all veterans who have served and are serving in foreign wars. It is open to the community to show appreciation and learn how the community can continue to value the gifts these men and women provide.
- 11:00 a.m. – Introductory remarks
- Rolland E. Kidder, author of “A Hometown Went to War: Remembrances of World War II” and “Backtracking in Brown Water: Retracing Life on Mekong Delta River.” Kidder is a Navy Vietnam War veteran, who served as a Patrol Boat Officer with River Division 535 in the Mekong Delta in 1969-70. He will open the program with a reflection on how the pressures of combat change the lives of our hometown friends who serve in the military, and what challenges they face when they return home as different individuals.
- 11:15 a.m. Panel discussion
- Greg Carlson, Executive Director of the Chautauqua County Veterans Agency, will moderate a panel discussion after Kidder’s remarks. The panel will include veterans who have served in World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf War, and Iraq/Afghanistan War. Each individual will address his or her unique, personal story about shifting from military to civilian life, and what role the community played in facilitating that transition.
- 12:00 p.m. – Keynote remarks
- Rodney D. Bullard, Vice President of Community Affairs for Chick-fil-A, Inc. and U.S. Air Force Veteran. Bullard is also a Duke Law School graduate, past Congressional Legislative Liaison at the Pentagon, former assistant U.S. attorney, and former White House Fellow who reported directly to the NASA Administrator. He is also author of “Heroes Wanted: Why the World Needs You to Live Your Heart Out.” Bullard will share the powerful ways in which one individual can impact others and create a legacy of service. A light lunch will be offered in banquet room during Bullard’s remarks.
Please register below and indicate if you are staying for a light luncheon.